To improve the outcomes for children and families—especially those who use Missouri’s child care, early education, and after-school programs—ensuring that children and youth are prepared for success in school and for future participation in a globally-competitive economy.
All children in Missouri will have access to healthy, safe, nurturing, enriching, and respectful early childhood care and education and out-of-school time care.
In our shared work, the Child Care Aware® of Missouri Board of Directors, employees, and our regional Network Member Agencies value:
Accountability and responsibility
- We maintain a “can do” stance; responding to requests and suggestions with positive solutions.
- We are reliable in serving our customers, delivering a level of quality that produces measurable improvements in their lives.
- We shape our programs’ future directions in response to data on our outputs and outcomes.
- We develop our “case” for strategic changes to infrastructure, business models, and service delivery using objective measurements, both quantitative and qualitative.
- We enlist the support of all our board members, personnel, and partners, including our Network Member Agencies, in the accomplishment of our vision.
- We engage all stakeholders in understanding the existing conditions and how we can collectively assist in addressing them.
Authenticity and gentle truth-telling
- We share what we know and what we feel in a way that contributes to the goal before us or the intention of the current process.
- Each individual speaks about his/her experience, from his/her perspective.
- We give authentic feedback using observable facts, not personal interpretations.
Inclusivity and transparency
- Each individual’s contribution is heard and valued.
- We share non-confidential information openly to further our goals.
- We sustain each other with patience, whether times are good or times are challenging.
- We acknowledge that, together, we are the foundation for and success of our mutual efforts.