To advocate for system building and policy development that ensure families’ access to high-quality child care, early learning and out-of-school time options, Child Care Aware® of Missouri staff members participate in the following statewide groups:
- Missouri Coalition for School Readiness, promoting expanded availability of high-quality, voluntary pre-kindergarten.
- Missouri Children’s Leadership Council, coordinating public policy advocacy across multiple child- and family-serving sectors of the nonprofit community.
- Early Childhood Comprehensive System Steering Committee, building and implementing a statewide early childhood comprehensive system that supports families and communities in their development of children that are healthy and ready to learn at school entry.
- Missouri Coordinating Board for Early Childhood, the state’s public/private entity for coordinating a cohesive system of early childhood programs and services intended to support the healthy development and school readiness of all Missouri children from birth through age five.
- Missouri Injury and Violence Prevention Advisory Committee, providing advice, expertise, and guidance to the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services, Injury and Violence Prevention Program and to establish injury prevention as a state priority.
- Missouri Council on Activity and Nutrition (MOCAN)
- Pioneering Healthy Communities Steering Committee – convened by Missouri YMCA Alliance
- Children’s Services Commission Subcommittee on Childhood Obesity
In addition, we are proud to partner with four departments of Missouri state government in support of their missions, as follow:
- Missouri Department of Social Services, Child Care/Early Childhood Services, which assists families with child care expenses and funds programs to improve the quality of child care available for parents.
- Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services, Section for Child Care Regulation, which licenses and inspects child care centers, group child care homesand in-home child care, and funds services to assist child care programs with inclusion of children with diverse needs and abilities.