At Child Care Aware® of Missouri, we’ve made searching for child care easier than ever. Our online referral service lets you search for programs that offer exactly the type of environment you desire for your child.
Click here to get started on your search, or call 1-866-892-3228 for help from a Referral Specialist.
Before you begin your search, you will need to know what types of child care options are typically available. In Missouri, there are three categories of child care: licensed, license-exempt, and unregulated. Click here to learn about different types of child care.
Using the Online Search Function
Click on the button to the right to start your search. The online referral search will walk you through a series of questions to determine what you are looking for: Program Types, Locations, Child’s Age, Days and Times Needed, Schedule Preferences, and Other Considerations. The system will then identify all child care programs that meet your requirements in your area. During the search, you can alter any of your requirements to find additional programs as needed. All information collected in the process of your child care search is confidential.
In order for exempt child care, early learning and after-school programs to be listed in our database for referrals, Child Care Aware® of Missouri requires all programs to complete the following:
- Submit a Child Abuse/Neglect and Criminal Record screening OR Family Care Safety Registry screening free of criminal charge related to child abuse, neglect or death of a child. Screenings must be submitted every two years on every member of the household who is fourteen years and older.
- Submit a signed statement documenting safe sleep procedures for infants twelve months of age and under will be followed. Safe sleep procedures can be viewed by clicking here.
- Submit fire evacuation and tornado plans showing exit routes including a description of the emergency plan.
- Submit a self-certification for health and safety (provided by the Referral Center) every two years.
- Provide a negative TB screen for all staff within the last twelve months.
- Submit a one-time physician’s statement of good health for all staff, signed by a doctor within the last twelve months.
- Submit two written references about the provider from non-related persons.
- Submit proof that provider is at least eighteen years of age.
By law, a child care facility that is exempt from licensure cannot falsely tell any parent or guardian of children in its care that the facility is licensed when it is not. (HB 1323, Sections 210.211 and 210.245)
You Should Know…
Child Care Aware® of Missouri provides child care referrals, not recommendations. The referrals and information you receive are a free service. All information collected in the process of your child care search is confidential. It is our goal to help you make an informed child care choice by providing information and help in identifying quality child care.